Friday, May 16, 2008

Birthday Wishes

Sooo, my birthday is next Saturday (well, actually, my mom's birthday is that day, too (see #3)), and I have no idea what I want to do for it. Suggestions, please.

I think part of the problem is that since moving to Vermont for school, my gift to myself has been going home to Atlanta to celebrate my birthday...and Thanksgiving...and Christmas...and New Year's...and Flag Day...and Boxing Day...I'm just content to be home. But now one of my friends (and she knows who she is) is stressing me to make some concrete plans. I guess since my birthday falls on or around Memorial Day (a fact that up until a couple of years ago, hadn't dawned on me - ha! I can be so self-centered), in the past, the agenda has been pretty much set. No work on Monday, so it's usually been all about running the streets! I mean birthdays are really important to me, but I just have no idea this year. Last year, we had a Memorial Day/birthday BBQ, which was fun, but I just didn't want to stress getting all of that together this year.

I actually like the idea of something out of the ordinary. I just found out about a new attraction at Stone Mountain Park.



The Sky Hike, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution "includes bouncing across suspended wooden bridges, scaling nets and scooting along narrow logs...[as well as] a vertical climbing wall and a winding slide." Call me crazy, but that sounds like fun. At the very least, it would be memorable...and afterwards we could get still get out in the streets...

No comments: