Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Name these earrings. Win these earrings.

The names I assign to Jamilary pieces can be silly (Chain Hangs Low), descriptive (Funky, Chunky, Turquoise), inspired by friends (Cheria; Carmen; Realenn), and inspired by music (Midnight Marauders; Sonata; Bella Fleck). Despite all of the categories I pull from, I'm just having the hardest time coming up with a name for these simple brown mother of pearl earrings. A small, round Tiger's Eye bead hangs on the MOP via a gold-filled chain. I'd love to hear your suggestions...in fact, I'll pay you (in jewelry) for your suggestions.

Enter your idea for a name in a comment here in this blog entry by noon EST on Saturday, July 19th. Be sure to leave me a way to contact you (i.e., your email address). I will also post who the winner on the blog. I will pick from the names given, and the winner will receieve a complimentary pair. (Free shipping to US addresses, only.) Each person can enter only once, so choose wisely. Duplicate entries will be discarded.

Thank you for entering, and good luck!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's my name for the earrings: Olivia

gae_gae@verizon.net

Jamilary - beaded creations by Jamila Thomas said...

To be fair, I will post the name that a friend emailed me. Actually, I'll post the whole email so that you'll see why it is that I'm posting in the first place:


I don't know how to post because I'm blog challenged, but i think you
should name them "eye of the tiger"...or maybe "rocky"...(then you can
have slightly different versions for rocky II, III, and IV) :)
Julia

Unknown said...

Jamila, I'd go with Ligerwear. I've never given up on Napolean Dynamite.:)
Laura McKee

Unknown said...

the female tiger is called a tigeress and females are mothers so I'd suggest the following:

tigeress eyes
pearl tigeress eyes
tigeress eyes of pearl
wild tigeress eyes
siberian tigeress eyes
wild siberian tigeress eyes
siberian tigeress eyes of pearl

Adero Carter

Anonymous said...

Hey lovely former ghp-er!
This is lee
Ok I have two ideas

Brownstones
caramel crumbs

Anonymous said...

I suggest Tiger in the Cradle or Tiger's Cradle. The design sort of frames the Tiger's Eye just as a mother would frame a picture of her precious baby. Also the Tiger's Eye is free to move around within the cradle although it is attached to the golden "umbilical cord." The Mother of Pearl bead protects the Tiger's Eye bead much like the cradle protects a baby in the crib (or cradle) or the first cradle, the womb, just as your beautiful Jenny Lind cradle prtected you and I protected you in my womb.

Mommy

Jennifer Howard said...

Diana suggests: Brown Pea Pod, Mother Bear, or Mother's Orbit (don't ask)

Jennifer suggests: Downtown Brown or Brown Eyed Girl