Sunday, April 13, 2008

MS - Multiple Sclerosis/My Shots




copaxone
Originally uploaded by bandita









Just found some pics on flickr of what it's like to live with MS. Of course, I know a little bit on the subject, since I was diagnosed on July 10, 2007. This shot of needles, taken by bandita was one of the first to pop up, and one of my "favorites" (a word that seems so oxymoronic when I think about it). I've been doing daily shots of Copaxone/placebo and weekly shots of Avonex/placebo for almost 6 months, now. (I'm participating in a clinical trial in which I receive both of the meds or one of them and a placebo.) I'm currently in a phase where I just don't feel like taking my meds. Don't get me wrong. I haven't missed a day and I've faithfully rotated injection sites. I'm a good little patient. But I just don't feel like it. The shots don't even hurt most days. The side effects of the Avonex/placebo (it better be not be a placebo, with the side effects I experience!) are annoying, but manageable. But I still just don't feel like it! Perhaps it's the idea that I'll have to get a shot everyday for the rest of my life. Whatever. I'm sure it'll pass soon enough.

Well, other than being a good little patient and clinical trial participant, I'm trying to find other ways to play my part in finding a cause. I just designed a MS Awareness bracelet...and then I gave it to my friend, Christina, for her birthday. She doesn't have MS, just exquisite taste (in friends and jewelry, lol!), and I thought she'd like it. I'll be posting these on Etsy as soon as I make another one. There's a tease on my flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamilary/2408663577/




and here:











No comments: