Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Shiny Pretty Things Treasury


Shiny Pretty Things Treasury
Originally uploaded by Jamilary
Yes! I got another treasury. My favorite color is blue, which would probably explain why I was so drawn to the items I pulled into this one.

Although we Etsyians oftentimes talk about ways that we'd like to see the site improve, one major strength of Etsy is sellers'/buyers' ability to create treasuries to showcase other Etsyians' work. It's nice to really make myself stop being so self-centered and concerned with my shop in order to take a peek at what else folks have to offer. In making this treasury, I started with a tag search of "Made in Vermont." (That's one of the street teams I'm a member of.) That's how I found barnyardbeads's "Dramatic Foil Beads." As soon as I saw the striking colors of those beads and the clear, crisp photo, I knew exactly what my treasury would consist of. Poking around some more, I found some other Vermont artists. And since I have to show some love to my other teams, I searched "eaoc team," for the Etsy Artists of Color, as well as "atlanta" and "georgia." (Gotta show love to the hometown!)

Show these artists some love!

No comments: